Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy New Year

Monday, January first, two thousands and seven

My children - Click to view the big picture
May the new year bring you health, happiness and prosperity.


I visited a shinto shrine close to my house with my family in the midnight today, because my third son and daughter asked me to take them there for our new year's visit to a shrine. Since my third son and daughter are still eight and five years old respectively, it's kind of hard for them to go there in the midnight. So, my wife and I told them that they had better take a nap yesterday afternoon. The person who had the longest nap was me, though. :)

To change the subject, let me introduce my new year's resolution.

Last year I often tried to use many difficult phrases and words in my diary, actually. In fact, I tried to memorize so many difficult words at once, after I took a TOEIC test last summer. That style may be a good way for studying English, but on the other hand, it brought me down sometimes. So, I'll write my diary on the method suitable for me this year, not so many difficult words and phrases, and minimize using my dictionaries as far as possible, in order to introduce my diary smoothly to everyone in the English school I belong to. As you probably noticed, the articles I posted in the recent months tend to be comparatively easy. I like this easy style, so let me go on writing my posts on this way for a while.


prosperity: 繁栄
bring someone down: (人を)落ち込ませる
minimize something: ~を最小限にする

No comments: