Monday, January 29, 2007

Nephew's Lucky Accident

Monday, January twenty ninth, two thousand and seven

When I was driving my small truck toward my factory, one of my nephews, a 7-year-old boy, had a bad accident. When I was waiting for the light of an intersection to change, I saw he was running down the steep slope to the intersection and felt over! I shouted out, "Oh, my goodness!"
Actually, my brother lives next to our factory, I often see that the nephew and one of my nieces go to school when I'm commuting.
After I saw the accident, of course, I asked him if he was OK or not. He seemed to get some scratches but luckily didn't look so seriously. And then I said to him, "You are very lucky, although you got some scratches! If you felt over in front of the intersection, you might get a serious injury or die because the street had a lot of traffic. Besides, you had the accident in front of my eyes, so I could help you this time. That's why I think you are very lucky!"

Anyway, since my young relatives and children often give me a lot of topics to write down on my blog, I might be the luckiest person in my family. :)


a steep slope: 急な坂

No comments: