Thursday, January 18, 2007

Early Bird

Thursday, January eighteenth, two thousands and seven

Since many trucks with tons of material to be recycled are going to come to my factory this morning, I had to wake up much earlier than usual. But you know, I'm such a really early bird that it's not hard for me to wake up early. I usually wake up around 5 am, and that naturally. On the other hand, this habit sometimes bothers me when I want to have a long sleep. Old habits die hard.

How short today's diary is! :)


an early bird = a morning person <-> a night owl(night person)
and that: しかも(前文を強調するために付け加える時の接続用法?)
Old habits die hard.: 身に付いた癖(古い習慣)はなかなか直らない。

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Plow,

I hope you are having a good new year so far. I see you have been writing many blog entries!!!

One thing:

2007 --> two thousand and seven

Notice "thousand" and NOT "thousands"

For the year, thousand is just thousand.

In other cases,

There were thousandS of people at the event.

(note the plural)

There were two thousand and ten people (2010) people at the event.

(note the singular)

Hope you understand!

plow7010 said...

Hi jd,

Long time no see. Thanks for correcting my English. That's really nice of you. Yeah, I got it. Let me note the usage from now on.