Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Better to Fail in Originality

Wednesday, January tenth, two thousands and seven

I have nothing special to write down here today. But I just want to go on writing my English diary everyday as long as possible. Let me put some sentences on with the word I've studied recently.

I saw an English witty remark the other day, that's "It is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation." That sounds like my new year's resolution. Actually, I decided to write my English diary without so many difficult words so that I can tell anyone the contents smoothly. Let me change this remark myself.

It's better to fail in writing English sentences originally than to spend lots of time to write perfect and difficult ones.

I'm not sure that this sentence is grammatically correct, of course. :)

I'm very happy if the improvement of my English stemmed from writing English diary anyway. So I recommend that those who study English write diaries in English to get used to writing and speaking English. It might be the best way, I guess. However, don't accept what I told you without questioning it, because all my efforts might go against me. In fact, I sometime(often?) put my foot in my mouth.


It is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation.: 模倣して成功するよりは、独創的に失敗するほうがいい
stem from something: ~の結果である
Don't accept what I told you without questioning it.: 私が言ったことを鵜呑みにしないで
All my efforts go against me. :努力が裏目に出る。
put one's foot in one's mouth: ヘマをやる

No comments: