Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Visiting Temple

Wednesday, January third, two thousands and seven

My family already visited a shinto shrine near our house for our new year's visit the other day, but my master, what is called my wife, asked me to visit another famous place as well. That sounds like kind of a short trip. Today we woke up too late, past 10 am, so we aren't able to go a long way. We discussed which place is the best to visit today; it's OK with me wherever we may go, though.

Negoro TempleAfter all, we visited "Nogoro temple" in Wakayama prefecture, which is one of the most popular places for new year's visit around here. In spite of it's the third day of this year today, there were quite a few people in the temple. To be honest, I wanted to see a large number of young ladies wearing kimonos there as well as typical middle aged men, there were few women wearing them against my wish. I was so disappointed that I lost a huge amount of energy after the visit. Let me eat like a horse and drink tons of alcohol to get over the shock. :p


quite a few something: かなりの数の~
few something: 少ない(ほとんど無い)~
(c.f.) a few something: 少しの(少しはある)~

No comments: