Friday, January 12, 2007

Hard Time and Fun Time

Friday, January twelfth, two thousands and seven

Today we got a lot of orders from our customers at once. Since there weren't enough products in the warehouses in our factory, we had to negotiate the amounts of products we sell each customer. It was a kind of do-or-die situation and wasn't easy but we pulled through the hard time. The situation really wore me out. However, this week's work has ended! Let me have a fun new year party in a Mexican pub tomorrow with some nice guys who I met on "mixi", the most popular and famous social networking site in Japan.


a do-or-die situation = a critical situation(?)
pull through a hard time: 大変な時期を乗り越える

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Pro. Oh, you are meeting up with your mixi friends! Sounds exciting. No girls? That's too bad.

I've met one of my mixi friends at an academic conference once. I was so shy and nervous, but very excited. I'm realy happy to talk to him. I realized that he was a well-known and capable associate professor of L2 writing at a university in the United States,and he is a nice person: kind and cute. I'm really honored. I wouldn't have got to know him without mixi. Mixi connects people so amazingly. I think you read my mixi diary about our first meeting before.

BTW, I went to a Mexican bar and grill in Shinsaibashi, before. But they used kidney beans for all of their dishes. I hated kidney beans. Bad memory. But, generally, I like Mexican food. Have fun!

plow7010 said...

Hey Makiko,
The word "guys" is sometime used to describe "men and women", according to my dictionary. So, there were many young girls in the party. I had a great time!

In Shinsaibashi? It might be the same bar...

Anonymous said...

Hi, Pro. Acording to American English, guys include men and women. For example, Hi, guys. I knew that, but I was misunderstanding.

It's not Lone Star. I forgot the name, but the name sounded Mexican and there was lots of graffiti on the wall and a Mexican guy was playing the guitar there.
It's introduced in Japanzine. It's on the tip of my tongue, but I can't remember.

plow7010 said...

Hi makiko again,
I got it. Anyway, please let me know when you remember the name.