Sunday, January 28, 2007

Teacher Leaving Japan

Sunday, January twenty eighth, two thousand and seven

Since I had to work in my factory and see my daughter's kindergarten festival yesterday, contrary to my normal habit, I took a couple of regular lessons and some free conversation classes today. In addition, I wanted to say goodbye to the female Australian teacher who are leaving Japan soon. I wonder how many teachers I need to say goodbye in the future...
Anyway, when we were talking with her, I remembered that the teacher gave me the recommendation for my being a level-4 student. When I got the paper, I shouted out "I've got it!" in front of the English school. And then I realized getting funny looks from some people in the clinic in front of the school. I guess they were saying like this, "What a strange middle aged man."

Talking of middle aged man, I saw an English phrase the other day.

"Middle aged people may be divided into three classes: those who are still young, those who have forgotten they were young, and those who were never young."(中年の人々は、次の三種類に分けられるだろう。すなわち、まだまだ若い人。かつては若かったということを忘れてしまった人。そして、若かったことが一度もない人。)

What class of middle aged people do you think I belong to? (^_^;)


contrary to one's normal habit: いつもと違って

No comments: