Saturday, March 31, 2007

Drinking With Nice Guys

Saturday, March thirty first, two thousand and seven

I went to Namba with some Japanese friends to see an American friend of mine who lives in Osaka and his brothers who lives in the US and are visiting Japan on vacation, in order to have a drink together. It was the first time to meet his brothers in person, actually I knew their faces because I have looked at their photos on their homepages on Myspace.
We went to a Japanse style bar, 居酒屋(izakaya), had a great time. I was really worried about talking with them in English, actually. Since my American friend and other foreigners who live in Japan are used to listening to strange Japanese accent, I think that's why I can talk with them in English. It was the first time for them to visit Japan, so I guessed they weren't accustomed to listening to Japanese funny pronunciation. Therefore, I didn't have the confidence to have a chat with them. However, I was able to have a good time unexpectedly thanks to alcohol. Whenever I'm mellow(have a buzz on), I tend to be able to speak English more fluently than usual. There are always tons of grammatical errors in such situations, though. :)


mellow(have a buzz on): kind of drunk but good feeling(ほろ酔い)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks at that time. i was really worry about when come my coughing fit. However, it was ok. yokatta!
Anyway, I think I could speak english so-so (not fluently) in spite of none alcohol. I really wana speak english fluently, well.. I will be able to more fun to talk to foreigner.

osaru no monkichi

plow7010 said...

Hey osaru no monkichi,
I personally think that you always talk with native English speakers nicely even if you make grammatical errors in your English. It's the most important for English talk to give it a try, I suppose. Anyway, take care of your throat. TTYL