Sunday, March 18, 2007

Once Worked With Guy

Sunday, March eighteenth, two thousand and seven

Back when I was a computer system engineer, I once worked with many guys who were really better with computer than me. A guy who quit the company before I quit it started a new business with his acquaintances as soon as he quit it, actually. He started a new stock trading company on the Internet, whose name is "kabu.com" - "株(kabu)" means "stock(share)" in Japanese. The business looked very interesting but there are lots of risk to build the system on the Internet at that time, because it was so difficult to secure security and stability of stock trading computer system with the technologies at that time. When he left the company I used to work for, I told him that he would be successful if he could get by for five years in the stock online business scene.
After a long time, I accessed the stock trading company's web site by chance today. I found his name and picture on a web page of the site. Apparently, he still work for the company, besides he is a member of the board of directors now, according to the web page. He looks a little fatter than he used to be as far as I saw his picture. He probably has much money than me, because he must be laughing all the way to the bank now. But I'm really worried about his health. I mean, I'm much better than him in that I'm very healthy.
I wonder what all of my ex-coworkers are up to these days. I hope they all are well. Anyway the Internet brings us many kinds of communication methods nowadays. Let me get in touch by email or something so that we can know about how we are now one another.


"quoted from LONGMAN Dictionary of Contemporary English"
be laughing all the way to the bank [informal phrase]: to make a lot of money without making much effort 「もうかり過ぎて笑いがとまらない」

No comments: