Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Dandelions in Blossom

Wednesday, March fourteenth, two thousand and seven

According to a news web site, Dandelions bloomed almost two months ahead of schedule in Japan. And birds and butterflies made early appearances as well due to El Nino, some experts said. This winter must be the warmest on record for many parts of Japanese archipelago. Now that I'm a member of recycling industry, I can't help but watch the current condition of global environment. But I don't have such a big power to help the planet, so I've been thinking what to do recently. However, I haven't come up with a good idea so far. Anyway, I'll do the things I can do now. Let me work hard and recycle tons of chemical materials in my factory.

Ah! I have to watch my favorite TV program right now! Eh? I'm wasting lots of electricity? Could be... But I actually watch TV for only two hours a week! On the other hand, I spend a couple of hours a day in front of my PC, though. :) I might be a person who is a bad influence on the Earth...


"quoted from LONGMAN Dictionary of Contemporary English"
dandelion [countable noun]: a wild plant with a bright yellow flower which later becomes a white ball of seeds that are blown away in the wind
ahead of schedule = before the planned time
El Nino: a change in the weather that happens every three to seven years, caused by a rise in the temperature of a large area of the Pacific Ocean off the west coast of South America. El Nino has severe effects on the weather in many parts of the world, and can cause drought(=complete lack of rain) in some places and heavy rain and violent storms in other places.
archipelago [countable noun]: a group of small islands

No comments: