Thursday, April 19, 2007

Sleeplessness

Thursday, April nineteenth, two thousand and seven

These days it's kind of difficult for me to have a long sleep, actually. I might have insomnia...

I don't have any serious mental problems now, and my physical condition is good. I can't figure out the reason I'm not able to sleep tight nowadays. I guess some more nice girlfriends will put my mind at ease, and then I might be able to sleep like a log. Or, if the number of my wife's wrinkles were much smaller, I would often have a good time with her. :) Whenever I say such kind of joke to my wife, she replies, "You are going bald! Mind your own business! Leave me alone!" Apparently, she's been worried about increase of the number of her wrinkles as well as I've been anxious about decreasing of the amount of my hair. Anyway, we don't want to be at odds about such small things, we usually laugh off after talking about those hot potatoes. I mean, it's sort of waste of time for me to quarrel with my wife. Plus, if I didn't stop saying to her that kind of things, I would be in the doghouse. I'd like to hit the ground running on my hobby, job and English study, anyway.

Let me pull myself together and do things I can do now.


"quoted from LONGMAN Dictionary of Contemporary English"
insomnia [uncountable noun]: if you suffer from insomnia, you are not able to sleep
be at odds: to disagree
laugh off: to pretend that something is less serious than it really is by laughing or joking about it
hot potato: a subject or problem that no one wants to deal with, because it is difficult and any decision might make people angry
be in the doghouse: to be in a situation in which someone is annoyed with you because of something you have done
hit the ground running: to start doing something successfully without any delay

No comments: