Monday, April 23, 2007

Last Person

Monday, April twenty third, two thousand and seven

To be honest, I prefer learning interesting English phrases to learning difficult new words. it's rather boring for me to study new words that are hard to remember and that don't have any relationship with my real life. I could be the last person to memorize new words at NOVA. haha. Since I have some foreign friends, some people recommend me to take advantage of every opportunity that I talk with them, in order to learn new words. To tell the truth, I just want to have a lot of good times with them, I didn't make friends with them to take free English lessons. Of course, I ask them once in a while about what they said in English, but it's not for my study, for going on the conversation. As for them, they sometimes ask me about Japanese culture and custom instead. Once I start having a drink, a BBQ, or something like that, I often forget that I'm an English learner and get drunk heavily. I would be also the last person to be good at taking advantage of good chance.

I just wanted to write down this article with the two phrases below. :)


"quoted from LONGMAN Dictionary of Contemporary English"
the last person/thing: used to make a strong negative statement about someone or something
take advantage of something (to do something): to use a particular situation to do or get what you want

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Pro.
You should write down new words and try to remember them in a context and use them as soon as possible.
I often use new words that I learned at NOVA when I write English diaries, and at NOVA, I speak English using new words that I read on the Internet.

I think you do so too.
You are NOT the last person to remember new words.

plow7010 said...

Hello makiko,
Yeah I think it's a good idea to memorize new words, too. But my brains are really old and tough, so it's kinda impossible to remember many new words at once. Anyway let me give it a shot. Thanx for your comment! cya!