Sunday, February 25, 2007

Fear of the Dark

Sunday, February twenty fifth, two thousand and seven

I suppose those who often read my blog know I'm crazy about IRON MAIDEN, one of the greatest British heavy metal bands. Actually, I can't catch most words in their songs, because the lyrics tend to be difficult and have lots of messages and information. Since I'm not a native English speaker and not good at listening lessons, it's too hard for me to catch the meanings. But only one song I can catch clearly. The song's title is "Fear of the dark", the title track of IRON MAIDEN's ninth studio album. The lyrics sound similar to a lesson that I've taken before at my English school and they are relatively easy for one of the band's songs. That's why I can catch them clearly, I guess. Let me quote a part of them;

"Fear of the dark... Fear of the dark... I have a phobia that someone's always near."

Those who study at the same English school as mine probably know the lesson that sounds similar to the part. It's "ZONE-E03". Since I haven't finished reviewing all ZONE-E lessons yet, this IRON MAIDEN's lyrics helped me review "ZONE-E03" lesson the other day. I'd appreciate it, MAIDEN! :)
Now... I've just finished reviewing "ZONE-E26" lesson, actually. Twenty four ZONE-E lessons still remain, I have to review... And, all ZONE-F lessons from scratch as well. How lazy I am! I should've reviewed them as soon as I took the lessons, even though I often tell off my children saying "Don't procrastinate!" X(


from scratch: 最初から、ゼロから
tell off: ~に小言を言う、~をしかる
procrastinate: 引き延ばす、ぐずぐずする、遅らせる

No comments: