Monday, June 11, 2007

Nintendo DS with English Game

Monday, June eleventh, two thousand and seven

These days my eldest son is into studying English actually. But the way is using a video game, whose name is "英語漬け(eigo duke)". It's one of the most famous programs for Nintendo DS in Japan. If I translate the game's name into English, I would say "cramming English."

English game
The 13-year-old boy told me the other day that his level was "D" then, however, I don't know whether the level is good for his age or not. Does anyone tell me if it's good or bad? Should I study English with the game as well as he does?

2 comments:

UltraNEO said...

Hmm.. Guess I'm Cramming Japanese? haha!! I too is using DS for learning Nihongo, but teaching my hand to write kanji which looks artistically beautiful take so much time and practice!!

I never learnt to write kanji as a child, doing it all now!! HELP!!! I keep getting hand cramp, it's so painful.. but must continue to practice and slowly improve.

I seen the way many regular Japanese people write, it's not really artistic in my opinion but it's ok for communication.

plow7010 said...

Haha! To be honest, I'm not good at writing, either. I rarely write kanji because it's faster to type them with my PC than to write them with my hand. Yup, it's ok for communication as you say!