Friday, June 15, 2007

ADHD Son Bullied

Friday, June fifteenth, two thousand and seven

This evening my eldest son's home room teacher came around to my house right before I got home from work. Apparently, the son was bullied by some his classmates at the junior high school. Since he has ADHD, which stands for Attention-Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, many of them can't understand why he sometimes behaves strangely. Luckily, some of them told the teacher that my eldest son had been bullied and the details.
According to the teacher, it wasn't so serious, however, he scold severely the students involved in the bad conduct as soon as he heard the report. The purpose he visited my house was to let us know the fact. Besides, he told us other small things that happened recently at school. He says that we can be relieved because there are some nice classmates and he intends to pay attention to not only my eldest son's behavior but also other students' one.
He is really an amiable person, I think. In addition, he has a lot of knowledge about disabilities as he used to work for a school for disabled children. My eldest son must be happy to have such a good teacher. Of course, I asked him to watch the bad bays so that they won't bully the nice students in revenge(retribution?) for having been reported their bad deed.


amiable: 好意的な、感じの良い
in revenge(retribution) for something: ~の仕返しに

No comments: