Thursday, July 06, 2006

Somewhat similar words

July 6th, 2006

Some of English words which have somewhat similar meanings sometimes bother me.

For example:
able, capable
ability, capability
exactly, definitely
way, method

I usually google with those words and "違い(ちがい chigai means difference)" - such as "able capable 違い". But I'm not able to get the details once in a while even though "google" is the most killer application of search engines. Actually I bought an "English-English dictionary" recently for my study. The dictionary is really excellent! It has an extra CD-ROM, in which includes an excellent application, in addition to a printed dictionary. I know it's more effective for my study to use printed dictionaries than to use electronic dictionaries. But I often use my electronic English-Japanese dictionary because of my short temper. I'll use my new printed English-English one from now on as much as possible. I expect to improve my English skill by that way(method?). I suppose I'll be able to understand the details of the difference among the words whose meaning I don't figure out exactly.

my dictionary

| |

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site. Keep working. Thank you.
»