Friday, July 21, 2006

Magic Word

July 21th, 2006

According to a Japanese book, whose title is "魔法の言葉(mahou no kotoba)" - means "Magic Words", it's the most important for having a good life to always think positively.
The book recommend you to say "Thank you. I'm lucky!" even if you have some terrible incidents or accidents.

For example:
You have just had a bad car accident and your car has just gotten a lot of damage. But you had better say "Thank you! I'm so lucky as I didn't have any serious injuries, even though I can't drive my car for a while and have to pay lots of money to repair it."

I saw some English idioms on the email newsletters which I often read on my cell phone.

One of them is "Every cloud has a silver lining." According to my English-English dictionary, it's used to say that there is something good even in a situation that seems very sad or difficult. I remembered the above magic words the moment(as soon as) I saw the idiom.
Another one is "That's water over the dam.(American) That' water under the bridge.(British)" It's used to say that what happened in the past should be forgotten.
And the other one is "batting a thousand" - means to be very successful.

Let me make a composition with those phrase to express "Magic Words".

This past Tuesday I had a terrible hangover; however, I had to take some English lessons. I had a lot of beer this past Monday with my friends.... I regret drinking too much whenever I have a hangover. But that's water over the dam! On the other hand, I was able to have a great time with my friends instead of getting a hangover. Speaking of "instead", every cloud has a silver lining! I'm so lucky as I had a great time and a hangover. :) Anyway, I took some lessons... I could speak English more fluent than usual! I guess the reason is thanks to the hangover, because there's no barriers in my mind [at] any time [when] I'm drunk or have a hangover. :) I was batting a thousand during my last lessons! Thank you! I'm so lucky! I could do well thanks to the terrible hangover! Plus it's Friday today. Thank God it's Friday! \(^o^)/

| |

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very best site. Keep working. Will return in the near future.
»