Sunday, July 23, 2006

Ability of Debate

July 23th, 2006

I suppose I've posted some articles like this on this blog before. But I'd like to post one more article about this theme - "Why are Japanese people poor at English conversation?"

Some intellectuals say that Japanese people tend to dislike too assertive and aren't used to debates. So they say Japanese education system needs to be changed, and Japanese children should practice debates earlier so that they get used to discussion and expression of their own opinions and claims. It's more important than studying English.

I 100% agree on their view. In fact, Most of my English teachers, all of who are native English speakers, often require me to express my own opinion and claim. So I think it's necessary for Japanese children to have not only English skills but also such abilities, in order to take part in international activities someday.

Therefore, the Japanese education system must be changed right now. - That's my opinion, my teachers! :)

| |

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like it! Good job. Go on.
»

Anonymous said...

Nice idea with this site its better than most of the rubbish I come across.
»