Monday, July 10, 2006

The meanings of "plow7010"

July 10th, 2006

I've never mentioned the reason my handle(network nick name) is "plow7010". Let me introduce it to you today, but it has sort of sad meanings.

My handle in Japan is "Prowler7010". I know the word "Prowler" has a bad meaning, but the name derives from my favorite rock band "IRON MAIDEN". "Prowler" is the first song title of their debut album, so I decided to name myself it then. But one of my English teachers recommended me to change it because of the bad meaning. He told me that it means a kind of "stalker". But I've used the name on the Internet for a long time, therefore, it's difficult for me to change it. I came up with an idea at that time. I decided to continue using it on domestic networks. and change it into another one on global network. :)
Actually, my ancestors were farmers and would often plow a field for rice. For me, the word "plow" looked sort of similar to "Prowler" at that time. So I named myself "plow" as one of my handles. And also I try to plow my brains every time(whenever) [I'm] studying English. :)

And now, the part "7010" has two meaning. Actually.... my second son, whose name is "Naoto(直斗 なおと)", was a Down syndrome child and had a congenital heart defect. He passed away on July 10th 1997, when he was 11 months old.
July is the 7th month as you know. So "7010" means "July 10th". Plus in Japan "7" is pronounced as "nana", "0" - "oh", "10" - "tou". Do you understand what I want to say? "nana"+"oh"+"tou" is nearly equal to "Naoto". I'm not kidding. I named myself the name "7010" in order not to forget him.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This site is one of the best I have ever seen, wish I had one like this.
»

Anonymous said...

Interesting site. Useful information. Bookmarked.
»