Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Short-circuit and a phrase

February 8, 2006

The cutting machine in our factory shorted out this Monday. When my younger brother was trying to fix the emergency stop button of the machine, it suddenly caught fire ! Sounds exactly dangerous, right ? I went get some fire extinguishers immediately. But it was "no big deal."

Actually, I've just studied the phrase, "no big deal", thanks to one of my American friends. I sent him an email to apologize for little things. Then he replied, "don't worry. no big deal." The phrase is very easy but useful for a low level learner of English like me. Thanks a lot, Mr.F ! Talk to you soon !
To tell the truth, I'm not worried about my poor vocabulary. It's more important for me to catch on a lot of phrases than increasing my vocabulary. I cannot speak many difficult English words, but can try to explain what I want to say with easy words instead. The purpose I study English isn't for exams. I'd like to have a chat smoothly in it. My vocabulary will naturally increase as long as I continue to study English... Maybe.... Just my opinion. haha.

Anyway we spent about 3 hours to repair the cutting machine this Monday. We had to work 14 hours on the day. (ToT)

Let me introduce our cutting machine to you. :-)
The machine has 2 cutter blades and can cut off about 500 kilograms materials an hour, which are textiles to recycle, by rotating the blades so fast.

a cutting machine
I had curry and rice for my breakfast. It was so delicious on the second day after making. :-) Oops ! I have to leave home right now ! It's time to work !

No comments: