Thursday, February 02, 2006

Additional purchase

February 2, 2006

Last Sunday I went to Rinku town, which is close to Kansai international airport, in order to see a staff of the English school which I usually take some English lessons on Saturday.
The staff asked me to buy some English lesson tickets last week. My remaining lesson tickets are about 30 points. I've thought of buying additional tickets this March. But the female staff asked me to get them before the month is out.(within January) I asked her why she was in a hurry because I didn't know the reason. I laughed out after listening to her explanation.
The business results of her school for this January was so bad. If the staffs weren't able to get results a lot more, they were called out to apologize to their manager and they have to be punished - such as writing some long reports to explain the reason of getting bad results and to develop how to get results from next month.
Though I laughed out at first, I felt sorry for her later even if her talk was a lie. (I think the talk isn't a lie. I know the English school's president is very strict.) Then I decided to get my additional tickets within January to help her. :-) Eventually I need to get them though there's no hurry. Anyway, I wanted to spend my money helpful if I do it at all. After that, she said to me a lot of times that she likes me. haha... Of course, I know it's sort of a sales talk. But I was glad to hear that because I haven't heard such sweet words for a long time. haha, again.... Was I tricked ??? No, no. I don't think so. She is really a nice girl. Maybe.... Perhaps... Probably... Uhm.... What's done is done ! Either way, I need to purchase the tickets.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Plow!

Here is a new phrase: "sales pitch"

Example:
The lady gave me a convincing sales pitch. (sale pitch = sales talk)


You are a very kind man (しんせつな男の人です) to help the woman... but I doubt NOVA is hurting for money. They are a very successful company. !

plow7010 said...

Hi, jd.

Sounds interesting: "sale pitch". And also it looks like "spam", right ?
You seem to be good at speaking and writing Japanese, right ? And you know so much about NOVA, don't you ? Do you live in Japan, or have you ever lived ? If you don't like talking about your information here, I was wondering if you could send me emails: plow7010@gmail.com