Saturday, February 11, 2006

My business

February 11, 2005

Let me introduce my business to you today. I'm a factory worker, you probably know. The factory is a kind of textile mills to recycle chemical fiber. Our machinery can take out tons of chemical fiber from nonwoven materials - such as rejected carpets and used ones made from polyester or polypropylene. Our industry is good for the global environment, especially effective against the global warming, I think.
Our product, recycled chemical fiber, is mostly used for levee(bank) construction in order not to break easily. And it's also used for the insulators which are inside cars to reduce the noise of cars' engines, and used for beds or mats to be springy.

Do you understand what I mean ? I'm not sure my explanation is correct. :-)
It's too difficult for me to explain correctly about my business. But I want to build our factory's web site in English some day...

By the way, I've just studied some new English phrases as the following.

It's none of my business.(俺の知ったことではない。 - おれのしったことではない。ore no shitta koto dehanai.)
It's been one of those days.(ついていない日だ。うまくいかない日だ。- ついていないひだ。うまくいかないひだ。 tsuiteinai hi da. umaku ikanai hi da.)


Only easy words ! But so useful for me. Let me practice !

If my wife often get angry against me, it's none of my business. :-p
I had to do maintenance on our machinery to be trouble-free this morning even though it's my off day today. It's been one of those days !

Could someone correct me if I'm wrong ? m(_ _)m
The face mark, m(_ _)m, means bowing one's head(おじぎ ojigi) in Japan. The character, "m", is one of one's hands. The characters, "(_ _)", is one's head with closing one's eyes.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have enjoyed reading your blog, thank you for writing it.

“If my wife often get angry against me, it's none of my business.”

The phrase “it’s none of my business” means that something doesn’t apply to you personally, your wife being angry with you is very personal, so the phrase wouldn’t really work in that sentence. You could say

If my neighbor’s wife gets angry with him, it’s none of my business.

I had to do maintenance on our machinery to be trouble-free this morning even though it's my off day today. It's been one of those days !

This is good, the only thing I would change is “off day” should be “day off”.

plow7010 said...

Hi... I don't know what I should call you. Anyway, thank you for your attention and insight. I'm so glad ! You're really kind to me. Thanks again.

Anonymous said...

Anonymous explained things very well. I would add that in America we can say "day off" or "off-day" (hyphenated).

When you said the 'factory ~ mills', I would recommend using singular form for both factory and mill.

I am very impressed with your English level. I am teaching English in Tsu and rarely find this level of skill.

I have a question for you. I am looking for a Japanese saying about ripe rice looking like a praying monk. Do you know what I am talking about? Please let me know.

plow7010 said...

shinbikkuri3:
Hi! Hajimemashite. :D
Thank you for correcting me. You are teaching English in Tsu? That means you live in Mie prefecture, right? Actually, I'm going to open a new English school soon in front of Izumisano station, at the same location of the old NOVA's branch. Please drop by my school when you visit Osaka.
Ripe rice? I don't know that kind of rice, actually. A kind of rice cake or something?

Anonymous said...

I haven't been to Osaka in 18 years. If I visit Osaka, I would like to see your school. Will you have many teachers?

'Ripe' means 'ready for harvest'. Here is a picture of ripe rice bowing: http://shinbikkuri3.wordpress.com/2007/09/05/rice-harvest-in-tsu/

I think the 諺 contains the character 穂.

plow7010 said...

I don't have many teachers so far. X(
Is what you are looking for "実るほど頭を垂れる稲穂かな" ?

Anonymous said...

ピンポン! That's the phrase! Thanks!

Good luck finding teachers.

I may be heading to Osaka for the next basho. Is the sumo wrestling near your school's location?

plow7010 said...

Hi shinbikkuri3,
BINGOOOOO!(^^♪
Actually, I'm having some meetings with some guys tonight to hire one of them as the head teacher.

Ah! Osaka basyo! It takes about 30 minutes to get to myschool from Namba by train. My school is in front of Izumisano staion of Nankai Line.