Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Visit Sumiyoshi Taisya

January 3, 2005

sumiyoshi-taisya-1I have nothing to do today but my children wanted me to take them somewhere. So my wife and I decided to go out. It's the 3rd of January today. I'd like to visit somewhere is appropriate for New Year. There is a very famous Shinto shrine in Osaka prefecture we live. It's called "Sumiyoshi Taisya" and known for one of the most time-honored Shito shrines in Japan.
We got on a train for a change. When we go out, we usually drive sumiyoshi-taisya-2out by my family car.

We left home around ten thirty. But I thought we should have left much earlier because it's too crowded there.
There were so many street stalls there as if a carnival. My third son tried to play smartball which used to be played as a kind of gamble in Japan a long time ago.
smartball
Anyway, I thought we might as well go out somewhere when we have nothing to do home.

4 comments:

nabocha said...

Hi plow-san, this is nabocha.

I'm surprised you use the same weblog (and the same templete) as mine!

Let's keep studying English with weblog!!

plow7010 said...

Hi nabocha-san.

We've met on the mixi before, right ? I'm really glad to see your comment.
Yes, we've chosen the same one. I was surprised when I saw your blog for the first time.

Keep going ! Bye for now.

Anonymous said...

Cool Pictures!!! Looks like it was really crowded though!!!! Talk to ya soon!!!

plow7010 said...

Hi, Bryan.
Thanks for your visit.
I'll see you soon. Bye for now.