Tuesday, April 18, 2006

[ Study ] - Sharing and responding to news about friends and acquaintances

The following is a kind of the simulation for my review of the English lessons I've taken before.


- Sharing and responding to news about friends and acquaintances
(When you catch up with a friend, what kinds of things do you talk about ?)

A:Guess what! Masuo got engaged to a nurse !
B:No kidding ! How'd you find out ?
A:By the email he sent me last month.
B:Do you know if they're going to have a big wedding ?
A:Well, apparently they are planning to invite a huge amount of guests !
B:I guess so, too. I also know they've both got big families.
A:That's right.
B:By the way, do you know how they got to know each other ?
A:I heard from him they got to know each other by his friend's introduction.
B:Do you know why he decided to get engaged to her ?
A:Actually, his partner is a nurse as I've just told you. He expect her to take care of him in his old age.
B:hahaha ! Like him !


* New Words

apparently
mention
acquaintance
knock over
exaggerate
swear

| | |

2 comments:

niltiac said...

Hi! I haven't seen your blog in a while, but this post is really interesting - I like the joke at the end of the conversation. I think that your English writing is great!

plow7010 said...

Hi! niltiac,
It's been a long time, hasn't it ?
How have you been ? I sometimes visit your blog.
Thank you for your compliment. :)
In fact, I'd rathar write jokes and exaggerations. haha.
Keep in touch!