Saturday, April 08, 2006

Fever

April 8, 2006

My new nice, the second daughter of my younger brother, had a fever at the night of the day before yesterday. Her mother(my sister-in-law) took her to a hospital yesterday. The doctor said that she didn't seem to have any serious problems but needed to enter the hospital for a couple of days just in case. So my younger brother had to prepare for the hospitalization yesterday. We decided not to work overtime and not to work today(Saturday, on our day off) even though we are extremely busy. "There is no choice."
I've just heard of her condition. The result of checkup she took last night wasn't so bad. She'll be fine soon, the doctor said. I'm so relieved to hear that. On the other hand, I can take a day off on Saturday after a long time. It sounds like "災い転じて福となす(わざわい・てんじて・ふく・となす)" that means "to turn the potential disaster to one's advantage".

| |

No comments: