Monday, April 17, 2006

Samurai Doll

April 17, 2006

I took some English classes the day before yesterday and yesterday even though I had a terrible hangover yesterday. Some teachers looked surprised when I talked a lot about some idioms. When they asked me about my recent days at that time, I responded, "As a matter of fact, I'm still so busy at my work. Because our products are selling like hotcakes. So.... I have to work my fingers to the bone. And.... I always say to my wife that I'm so hungry I could eat an elephant, when I come back home from work."

Actually, I'd rather exaggerate my impression than talk normally. :-)

One of the English classes that I took yesterday was ... exaggerations !!! There were a huge amount of exaggerations ! One of them was "I'm so hungry I could eat a horse!" haha. What a coincidence!

samurai dollAnd now, I decorated a samurai doll at home yesterday for the Boys' Festival, May 5th(端午の節句 たんごのせっく). We usually decorate it a couple of weeks before. Many of families have boys decorate carp-shaped streamers outside. I don't have any carp-shaped streamers(鯉幟 こいのぼり) but I decorate a samurai doll in my house instead.

| | |

No comments: