Monday, April 10, 2006

Multinational cherry blossoms viewing party

April 10, 2006

cherry blossomYesterday I had a great time !

An Australian friend invited my family to the cherry blossoms viewing event(花見 はなみ) that was held with his friends who have been studying Japanese language together in Osaka, Japan. That was exactly "Multinational cherry blossoms viewing party" !!!! Interesting ! Amusing !
I got in on the event with my family and my nephew and niece. Actually, my brother's baby was sick and had been in a hospital for a couple of days but she left it yesterday. So my brother and his wife were busy yesterday because of leaving the hospital. They asked a favor of us, that was taking care of their children yesterday.

It made me soooo tired to take part in such an event with many kids. haha. But we had a super great time !

After that, the friend asked us to have a barbecue dinner with him and his wife. I was so tired, but we decided to have it together. Our children were so excited ! They were so wired that they couldn't fall asleep soon last night, I guess.
He seemed to be better at speaking Japanese. We had a chat in both English and Japanese. Great ! Soooooo fun !

The following picture is the one that I took on the opposite shore of Kansai international airport. It has a hazy appearance due to yellow dust(黄砂 おうさ) from China.

yellow dust


| | |

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi plow,

雨がふつ*ていたから、桜がありません。日本語の桜のほうがアメリカのよりきれいですね!素敵な写真です!

* = I do not know how to type in the small "つ"... Hope you understand my Japanese.. very elementary level!

I like your pictures. The cherry blossoms where I live are gone because it rained. They only lasted about 2 weeks.

In the US, there is a saying: "April showers bring May flowers"

showers = another word for rain (雨)

But now the Dogwood trees are blooming:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flowering_Dogwood

They are also very beautiful. Are there Dogwood Trees in Japan?

plow7010 said...

Hi jd,

I understand what you mean ! not elementary level.
Let me tell you how to type in it.
When I wanna type "ふって", I type "futte".
やったぁ!:yattaa
ロック:rokku

Thanx for your information. Yup, we have many dogwood trees.
According to the web page "http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E3%83%8F%E3%83%8A%E3%83%9F%E3%82%BA%E3%82%AD", they were presented from your country in Meiji period.