Thursday, December 29, 2005

Rainbow !

December 29, 2005

It's the first off day of my winter holidays. I saw the video, which is recorded the concert held in 1977, on DVD.


RAINBOW LIVE IN MUNICHThe DVD title is "Rainbow - LIVE IN MUNICH 1977".
I was really impressed by their great playing. Really excellent !!!
They used to play in the motif of classical music - such as Chaikovski, Bach, and Beethoven.
And the period when the DVD was recorded is called "the triarchy period by Richie, Cozy, and Ronnie".

Richie Blackmore, who was exactly one of the greatest guitarist in hard rock scene just in my opinion, was playing the guitar in euphoria.
Cozy Powell, the deceased, who was called "The greatest drummer in history", was playing energetically and powerfully. Especially, his drum solo was really terrific ! It's the most wonderful drum solo I've ever seen. I actually don't want to believe his death. I'm really so sad to lose a great drummer like him.
Ronnie James Dio, who is still an active heavy rock musician as a vocalist of his band "DIO", was singing with all his heart and soul. His singing style is soulful like Japanese enka singers. Enka songs are traditional Japanese ballad songs. I've attended his band's concert in Japan this June.

Thanks for your great playing. I'll see the DVD one more time !

No comments: