Saturday, September 10, 2005

A Traffic Accident

September 10th, 2005

There was a traffic accident near my house the day before yesterday. A boy on his way from school was hit by a car.

He is my eldest son. Yes! My eldest son was hit by a car !

But he luckily escaped with a minor injury. All his bones weren't broken. And the result of CT scanning was good. I felt a sense of relief.

The policeman, who has investigated the spot of the accident, told me. my son's landsel(satchel?)
"The front of the accident car got dented terribly. I guess the dent was left by your son's bag. His school bag fortunately acted as cushion to protect his body".
Most of Japanese elementary school students carry their school bags on their backs. The bags are called "LANDSEL" in Japan. Should I call it "satchel" ?

Thank you so much ! >> The LANDSEL ! (SATCHEL?)

The driver of the accident car is the young girl who lives in the same district. When I got to the hospital that my eldest son was taken by ambulance, she was apologetically crying... She said to me, "I'm so sorry, sorry ,sorry...." again and again... I felt sorry for her reversely...
So, I said to her, "Get a grip.(Chill out.) Don't worry. My son will be fine soon. Thank you for calling an ambulance quickly after the accident. What's done is done. It's important to think what you should do after that. You are really a honest person."
I guess I was able to say composedly because my son wasn't seriously injured.

Be careful when you drive.

No comments: