Friday, September 16, 2005

Kishiwada Danjiri festival

September 16th, 2005

A very famous festival was held at Kishiwada city in Osaka, Japan. danjiri
It's called "Kishiwada Danjiri festival" !

A Danjiri is made of zelkova - a kind of wood.
There are many carvings which illustrate Japanese old histories in a Danjiri. Almost all carvings describe the histories of the age of provincial wars, so there are a lot of carvings of samurai.

The structure of Danjiri is very interesting. It's made without any nails. But it's actually firm. Danjiris sometimes overturn by errors in the operation. But they usually aren't broken.

I think the festival is one of the most dangerous festivals in Japan. It's as dangerous as bull-running festival in Spain. :-)

I live near Kishiwada city. But the festival days are September 14th and 15th... These days are week days....I have to work.... I thought I wouldn't be able to see it. All local workers in Kishiwada city don't need to work during the festival. I'm jealous ! :D

But my brother, who works with me, had a terrible stiff neck. We decided not to work yesterday. I came up with an idea after that. "I'll go to Kishiwada Danjiri festival with my children after they come back from their school !" So, I asked my brother to stay at our factory just in case because sometimes there are some calls from our customers.
After my children came home, I asked them whether they wanted to go to the festival. They didn't want to go there, contrary to my expectation. They told me they had to do their homework. What !? They are TOO SERIOUS exactly ! I missed the opportunity to go..... I'm so sad....(ToT)


Anyway, there are so many festivals in the Sensyuu area in Osaka during September and October.
All of the festivals which is held at Sensyuu area are harvest festivals to thank the farms and the seas for their blessings.
Almost all festivals are really dangerous but exciting !
I'll take part in the festival which is going to be held in my city on October.
Then I'll post the article later.

2 comments:

RU said...

Hi. This is my first comment on your blog. I'm here because I knew its existence at MIXI.

Danjiri is very impressive festival. I used to visit when I went out with the girl from Kishiwada. Long long time ago...

BTW,
Have you ever been tagged to complete a meme? If not, a meme is a group of questions that one blogger answers, and then "tags" other seven bloggers to complete the questions in their own words.

I'm going to tag you. If you don't hate such a stuff, you will find the question for yourself (and my answer) when you come to my blog.

I'm hoping you will answer and "tag" these questions. Bye :)

plow7010 said...

Nice to meet to you, RU.
Welcome to my blog. You have an account of mix, don't you ?
Thanks for your first visit.

I visited your blog just now. You have a great blog !
I'll post my comment on your blog later.

See ya.