Friday, November 03, 2006

IRON MAIDEN in OSAKA

Friday, November third, two thousands and six

Me in front of Osaka Jo HallI went see IRON MAIDEN's concert and Lauren Harris's opening act in Osaka Jo Hall this past Monday(October 30th). I was too busy at work on the day, so I wasn't able to change my clothes to get there in time. But I think it's OK to go see the show with my dirty working costume. Because, after all, I had to break a lot of sweat during hard head banging. :)

The greatest heavy metal band on the planet played all songs of their new album as I've heard of the rumor before. I realized the powerful potential of the CD "A Matter of Life and Death" again. Besides I was all choked up when they played "Fear of the Dark" and "Hallowed Be Thy Name". Needless to say, we harmonized those songs as much as possible. They gave us an impressive and aggressive performance and played music with hardly any rest, even though they are almost 50 years old.

Osaka Jo HallLauren Harris, the eldest daughter of Steve Harris(the leader of IRON MAIDEN), sang some songs before her father showed up. I was so surprised when she started singing "Natural Thing", which is a famous song of "UFO". (UFO used to be one of very famous British hard rock bands as a great guitarist "Michael Schenker" joined it.) The sound reminds me of my old happy memories.

And now, as far as I was able to catch the words Bruce Dickinson(the vocalist of IRON MAIDEN) said, they are planning to come to Japan soon(next year?) and play many songs of their early days at that time. In addition, he asked us to bring many friends of ours to the live show. :) Plus apparently they went for a drink to a terrific bar in Osaka the previous night. (^^; I want to find out where the bar is somehow.

Anyway, all songs from the new album sound more exciting and much greater to me than the recorded ones. I'm enjoying listening to the numbers now as I'm remembering the concert.... I've got an ultimate power!!!! Thanks MAIDEN! I had a great night thanks to you all!


SET LIST:

[All songs from "A Matter of Life and Death"]
Different World
These Colours Don't Run
Brighter Than a Thousand Suns
The Pilgrim
The Longest Day
Out of the Shadows
The Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg
For the Greater Good of God
Lord of Light
The Legacy

Fear of the Dark
Iron Maiden

[encore]

2 Minutes to Midnight
The Evil That Men Do
Hallowed Be Thy Name

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

osarunomonkichi

u use "ultimate" and "terrific" etc...
u had fun time...nice!! i ve never gone concert.i dont like choke up.
u wanna go next concert?

plow7010 said...

Hey osarunomonnkichi,

Yeah, I use those words I've just studied - such as "ultimate". hehe.
You haven't attended a concert before, haven't you? That's a shame. I can take you to the next IROM MAIDEN's concert if you like. :)

Anonymous said...

Hi, Pro. I'm glad to hear that you had a great time. I went to a CD shop and listened to that album. I like For the Greater Good of God.
because I like the way it sounds.

plow7010 said...

Hey makiko,

I'm glad to hear that you listended to their songs. Thanks for your audition. You like "For the Greater Good of God", don't you? So do I! The song is my favorite one of the new CD! The instrumental part of the song sounds like a symphonic number, I think.