Sunday, November 12, 2006

Thief Sneaks into My House

Sunday, November twelfth, two thousands and six

Yesterday I took some English free-conversation lessons at the NOVA's branch where I often go on Saturday. At first there were two other students in the room, both of who are nice ladies. :) I'm so lucky! hehe. However, after we took 2 classes, they left for home to prepare dinner. Apparently, the women are homemakers. After all, I had to take the remaining terms alone. How lucky I am! :) I was able to talk a lot with native-English-speaker teachers one-on-one! On the other hand, I got tired and felt a comfortable headache, though. So I hit the sack as soon as I was through eating dinner last night.

I actually expected to visit another big branch located a little far away from my house and go for a drink after the lessons on the day. But I couldn't do that due to fear of the dark. Last week a thief tried to come into my house but the security alarm I implemented myself last year detected him or her and rang loud. And then, the stealer escaped somewhere in surprise. Two days later, I heard from a neighbor of mine that somebody got into a small community hall very close to my house. I thought that my city isn't so safe nowadays. I live with my parents but they have been taking a trip since two days ago. I mean, there are no adult men in my house when I'm out. Therefore I had to get home before getting dark yesterday. That's why I took the English lessons at the usual place near my house.

sneak into: 忍び込む
homemaker: housewife or househusband
hit the sack: go to sleep
in surprise: 驚いて

No comments: