Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Happy Birthday

Tuesday, November seventh, two thousands and six

Today is my eldest son's thirteenth birthday. Actually, he is an ADHD child. ADHD stands for 'attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder'. What a difficult technical word! In Japanese, the disorder is called "注意欠陥過活動性[多動性]障害"... Wow! Sounds super hard to read for me even though I'm Japanese. :-p

His scholastic ability(achievement) is usually above the average of his junior high school. In fact, he often gets full marks(perfect scores) on his English tests thanks to an excellent home teacher, whose name is plow7010. :) But he sometimes has panic disorder and he is occasionally hurt by himself. He takes 'Ritalin' almost everyday to improve his concentration. On the other hand, the medicine have potential of side effects. Frankly speaking, I don't necessarily agree that he often takes it. Because, from my point of view, it seems to be sort of a drug. However, my wife is often so nervous with his behavior that she offers him taking the tablets whereas I often wonder if we should stop giving them to him or not. Nobody knows the best way to take care of him.... Anyway, I have no choice but to think "What will be, will be." (なるようになる naruyouni naru) (^_^;

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good evening. Mr.plow
I want to tell it.
'Happy Birthday'
to your son,and his wonderful parents

sorry,too Poor English...^^;

plow7010 said...

Hey wataritori,

日本語でコメントしてもらっても、(多分)文字化けしませんから、次回は日本語でもいいですよぉ。(^^♪

お祝い、メッセージありがとうございます!また、そちらにお邪魔いたしますね。(^_-)-☆