Saturday, November 11, 2006

Business Trip to Tokyo

Saturday, November eleventh, two thousands and six

Some people emailed me last month after they took a look at my factory's web site. Apparently, they googled with a technical word related to recycling industry. In fact, the web site I made myself comes up as the No.1 site anytime you google with the keyword in Japanese. Since I used to be a computer system engineer, I implemented SEO in the site. SEO stands for 'Search Engine Optimization' and means a kind of techniques so that web sites are ranked in the upper levels of Search Engine sites - such as Google, Yahoo.

Anyway, the people who contacted me on the Internet last month have just become our customers and want to buy lots of our products at high prices as well! We've got a couple of great business partners! So I decided to make a business trip to Tokyo next Friday(November 17th) to go and see them. Besides, I'm planning to go for a drink with some of my friends who live in Tokyo after the visiting.

I'm super lucky to get new customers and be able to have a reunion with my friends as well! :)

optimization: 最適化
implement: 実施する、実装する
so that: ~するために、~するように
buy something at a high price: 高価でsomethingを買う
as well: おまけに、その上
have a reunion with: ~と再会する

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! you've got new customers. I'm happy for you. Your computer skills were helpful for your current job. Interesting! I hope you can have a great time with your old friends in Tokyo.

plow7010 said...

Hey Makiko,
Thank you for being happy for me!
A great fortune has just come to me! :) When I was a computer system engineer, I would often go there on business by plane, from Kansai airpot. But I decided to visit the place by Shinkansen this time.

Anonymous said...

Hi, Pro. Recently I heard about 'Search Engine Optimization' in the open college course , so I remembered your blog. The teacher said: '' Chinese government uses 'Search Engine Optimization' for political information manipulation. For expamle, when people enter non-preferable words such as 'democracy', sites that favor Chinise government or support their ideas come first. " Plus, the teacher mentioned google 八分, but we were running out of time, so he didn't explain it. Do you know?

It's good to relate the new to the known. Your blogs are really effective.

plow7010 said...

Hi Makiko,

I'm glad to be of help. I didn't know 'google 八分', so I googled with the word....
I suppose the following web site is useful for you.
http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E3%82%B0%E3%83%BC%E3%82%B0%E3%83%AB%E5%85%AB%E5%88%86

Anonymous said...

I saw the web site. Now I got it. Thank you. It's interesting.

Anonymous said...

It's Google censorship in English. I've checked the English Wikipedia.

plow7010 said...

Hey Makiko,

I personally think Wikipedia is also very useful website as well as Google. I often try to seek out lots of information I don't know on the site. cya.