Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Narau yori narero, go nuts

March 28, 2006

Let me introduce a Japanese proverb to you. (I'm not sure who "you" are. haha)

習うより、慣れろ(ならうより、なれろ Narau yori narero.)

According to my dictionary, the English word of the Japanese proverb is "Custom makes all things easy." or "Practice makes perfect." Sounds cool ! I can't make such nice phrases due to my poor skill. :-<
If I make the phrase for the proverb, I'll do like this - "It's more important for your study to get used to the stuff(thing ? theme ? issue ?) than to learn it." Hm.... Only easy words. I've just felt certain that I have to learn English so hard.... Ooops ! No, no ! It's more important to get used to English as I've just written down....

By the way, I've ever seen an English idiom "go nuts" in an email magazine. I guess it's a little dirty slang word, right ? However, let me wite a composition with the word.

If I fail in the test which I'm going to take next Sunday in order to be a level 4 student at an English school, I bet I go nuts !

| |

No comments: