Monday, March 27, 2006

Level up !?

March 27, 2006

recommendationYesterday the head teacher of the English school I attend gave me a recommendation(推薦状 すいせんじょう) of being a level 4 student. Yes ! I did it !

I was soooooo excited(wired ?) when he gave me the paper !
やったー!(I did it !)うれしいぃぃ!(I'm so happy !)

But I have to take a test in order to be a level 4 student. I'd like to say "I aced it" after the test. The paper is sort of a requirement for taking the test.

"I aced it" : I found out this phrase and "ace out" in one of the email magazines(newsletters) which I often read on my cell phone.

Wow ! When you google this phrase, my blog comes up as the number one !
Please click the following URL. Amazing !
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=%22I+aced+it%22

To tell the truth... When he gave the paper, I made merry like a child who get a perfect score on a test. And then, I made a mistake when another female teacher gave me her congratulations. I wanted to reply like this - "Thank you for teaching ! I did it !" But I replied, "Thank you for teaching ! I got it !" Oops ! I could have replied, "I did it !" My poor speaking skill often irritates(bothers, annoys) me...(ToT) I lost the confidence to level up...haha. I may fail the test which I'm going to take next Sunday.

As a matter of fact, my speaking skill and my vocabulary are still very poor. I might should be pleased when I become a level 3 student. Of course I know it's more important to talk smoothly in English than to level up. Anyway, the paper motivates me and makes me proactive.

I'll keep going ! Thanks for your teaching, all the teachers !

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

乾杯!

Your written English is great, so I'm sure your speaking skills are not that bad! Maybe if you have some spare time, you can download and watch American TV shows:

http://www.mininova.org/cat/8

You will learn many expressions and conversation patterns from watching TV.

plow7010 said...

Hi jd,

Thanks for your cheers ! I'll try it later. Good to know.

Watching TV is a good way to learn any languages, isn't it ?

See ya.