Saturday, March 25, 2006

SEO for Yahoo ! JAPAN

March 25, 2006

I have 2 web sites on the Internet, which is to describe what we manufacture at our factory. One of them is a normal type web site, which is built in HTML, and the other one is blog type.

Our main site, which is the normal type web site of our factory, comes up as the number-one site when you google with some Japanese technical words of the industry to which we belong. But the site never comes up as the number-one site when you search with the same words on the search engine provided by Yahoo! JAPAN. But on the other hand, our blog comes up as a better site than our main site. I think that's a little strange because our main site has more useful information than our blog, of course I don't know the structure of YST(Yahoo Search Technology), though...

I've just realized why the result comes up when searching on the site of Yahoo! JAPAN. I guess the reason is because of style sheets ! I didn't build our main site with any style sheets ! Many of blogs are built with some style sheets as it is generally known. Let me build our main site with style sheets one day !

P.S.
The search engine of Yahoo! Japan is more popular than Google in Japan. I think that's strange. I know Google is the most popular and useful search engine in the world.

NOTE: SEO is the abbreviation of "Search Engine Optimization".

| | | |