Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Bar and mixi

March 21, 2006

I went get a drink to a bar with a friend of mine last Saturday. There are some Japanese women and some American guys at the bar.

The Japanese women asked us how we got to know each other because the friend looks so young as my friend. In fact, the friend is 23-year-old guy and he's going to graduate from university soon, and I'm a strange(?) 43-year-old man. I know we look a strange couple. :-)
I replied, "We got to know each other on mixi !", of course in Japanese language. They are very surprised to hear that. Because they also have the accounts of mixi. (mixi is the most popular SNS in Japan as I've ever posted before.) In addition, the master of the bar has the one, too ! What a nice surprise ! We talked a lot about mixi so we had a great time. The master asked us to join the community of the bar which is on mixi. Of course I've already done !

When we were talking about mixi, some Americans asked us what mixi is. I told them, "mixi is the most popular and famous SNS in Japan ! What ? Don't you know what SNS is ? OK, let me tell the details. SNS stands for Social Networking Site. You can meet nice friends there easily and can take part in lots of interesting communities - such as Sushi and Cars. mixi is very similar to Myspace.com in the USA as you probably know." These are all contents I told them if I remember correctly. When I'm drinking, I can actually speak English more fluent than usual. hehe. I bet my English sentences had tons of mistakes but it's the most important thing to have communication each other from my point of view. :-)

| | | | |