Sunday, March 05, 2006

Wedding Reception

March 5, 2006

a very happy coupleI attended a wedding reception yesterday afternoon. It was held in Osaka city for one of my ex-coworkers and his bride.
In fact, I haven't attended wedding ceremonies or wedding receptions for a long time. When I tried to put on(wear) one of my formal suits, I was very surprised ! Wow ! The suit is too big for me now ! Because I lost around 15 kilograms after quitting the former job, so almost all of my suits are too big for me now.....(ToT) But I assume my eldest son will be able to put them on in the near future. There was nothing for it but to wear the oldest one which was made 20 years ago, even though it's a little big for me now...

We had a super great dishes and so good time. The couple really looked very happy. I've just remembered a witty remark about marriage then.

"Marriage is a lottery in which men stake their liberty and women their happiness."

Hmm.... That's right !!! haha.

By the way... To tell the truth, I have to apologize to the bride. I did something wrong to her 3 years ago when I was so drunk. I don't remember how many drinks I had and what I did to her, but somebody said to me the next day that I had to apologize to her. I guess it was a little bit bad incident... No, no... I wish.... haha.

Anyway..
Congratulations on your marriage !!! >> Y-kun and E-san.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Plow,

I like your saying about marriage! I think it is true no matter what country.

Your blog is very funny... It is interesting that you like colloquial expressions like "aced it."

(Note: In Japanese "colloquial expressions" is くだけた言いかた... I don't know how to type the kanji for the last "かた" but hope you understand!)

plow7010 said...

Hi jd,

Yeah, I got you !
"言い方" is the kanji of "言いかた".
Yes ! I like saying in "くだけた言い方" on the Internet. :-) Many Japanese pepole like the style on the Internet.