Tuesday, June 20, 2006

There's always somebody above you.

June 20th, 2006

I went for a drink to "Murphy's Irish Pub" and "Cinquecento" with two
ladies last Saturday night. They are the nicest ladies I've ever seen! haha. Just kidding. :)
Actually, they are some of study buddies(pals) at the English school which we often take lessons.

Before going get a drink, we took some free conversation classes at a big branch of the English school. There were some high level students in the room then. I could catch the many of what they and some teachers said, but couldn't talk a lot. I got a terrible headache, plus so embarrassed I wanted to die. (ToT) Some of them can speak English fluently as native English speakers, and one of them can speak 4 foreign languages - such as Arabic, German. Amazing! So, I visualized the Japanese proverb, "上には上がいる(ue niwa ue ga iru)", it means "There's always somebody above you." in English, maybe. The proverb warns that it's never enough to look up(stare up?) and that you shouldn't brag about your skills too much if you think yourself that you're one of the best person. But I've just decided to study English harder from now on! Much harder? No, a little bit harder..... hehe. Anyhow, it makes me motivate that there are so many high level students in the English school .

By the way, They told me that it was OK for them to go get a drink with me because they never get nervous with middle-aged men and would get nervous if I were a young man. Should I be happy or sad???
I wanted to post the photo which was taken in the bar, but I can't do that. Because two ladies show up on the photo, which is kind of their personal information, and I didn't get their permission to post it on my blog. That's why I can't post it on this page.

Anyway, I'm so lucky to get acquainted with such a nice ladies! I appreciate your going for a drink with like of me, Misses!

| |