Sunday, May 07, 2006

[ Study ] Keeping in touch with friends

The following is a kind of simulation for my review of the English lessons I've taken before.

- Keeping in touch with friends
(When was the last time you heard from a friend?)
(How did you get in touch ? Did they have any news?)

A:Have you heard from your ex-coworkers lately?
B:Yeah, my friend Shinji sent me cell phone email last week.
A:What did he say?
B:He said that he loved Matsuyama. He asked when we were coming to visit.
A:How long does it take?
B:It takes about 1 hour by airplane. But these days some of Japan's airline companies sometimes don't do maintain rightly. So I can't make it.
A:By the way, any news from Masaaki?
B:No, not even an email.
A:Ah, I've just remembered I got an email from Takae. She asked me a favor.
B:What did she want ?
A:She apparently wants to visit Osaka with her family and go see "Universal Studio Japan". But...
B:But? Are there any problems ? Go on.
A:Actually, she was asking if she could stay with you or me. But my house is too small for them. Because there are 12 in her family ! I WAS WONDERING IF I COULD ask you a favor...
B:No way! I can't make it, even you ask me politely! My house is much smaller than yours!

* New Words

be off to : leave for
anyhow
How's it going ?(friendly)
so far(till now)

* Others(Tips etc.)

CUL8R:See you later
R U go 2 party ?
B4:before
r:are
u:you
2:to
c:see
ur:your
TTYL:Talk to you later
TTYS:Talk to you soon
BCNU:Beeing seeing you

| |

No comments: