Friday, May 26, 2006

Before Breakfast

May 26th, 2006

I found out some interesting English idioms - such as "No sweat." and "It's a piece of cake." Sounds exactly interesting to me.
The meaning of those idioms is "a thing that is very easy to do", according to OALD. In Japan they say, "Before breakfast.(朝飯前 あさめしまえ asameshi mae)" It means that they are able to do the thing easily even though they are so hungry - such as "before breakfast".

Anyway I'll try to talk about those idioms in the next English lesson I intend to take this evening. :)

| | |

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting, "asameshi mae"... I'll start using that!

plow7010 said...

Hi james,
Thank you for your comment. It's my pleasure to get your first comment here.
And also you have a nice and interesting web site. I've just added your site in my RSS reader.

Anonymous said...

Your website has a useful information for beginners like me.
»