Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Hooray! Holly cow!

May 23th, 2006

I often use "Gmail", the free Internet email service provided by Google, in English edition to practice.
It offers us a powerful spam filter, so most of spam emails are sorted automatically into the spam folder of my email box.
When I pressed the button of "Delete forever" to delete all spam emails, the following message always comes up on the screen.

"Hooray, no spam here!"
According to my dictionary, "Hooray!" means similar to "Great!" "I'm so happy!" as an exclamation. Hmm... interesting. Let me write a composition with the word.

My wife: Papa, I'm going to my home town with our kids in order to see my parents this Sunday. Can you stay at home?
Me: Hooray! I've never been happier! I'm going to be single on the day!
My wife: Don't cheat on me with another woman!
Me: Yes, sir....


And also, I've seen the word "Holly cow!" before. It apparently means similar to "Oh, my god!". Anyway, I'll write another composition....

My wife: Sorry, papa. My parents are busy this Sunday. We are staying at home with you.
Me: Holly cow! I was about to make a nice plan to spend my free time on the day.
My wife: What? A nice plan? What's that?
Me: The plan is.... Oops! I have to go to work right away. See you, mama!
My wife: Hold on! Don't escape from me!

If these sentences aren't interesting, give me a break. :)

| |

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, YES!!
Now, I can see your EN blog here.
Maybe, I've changed internet provider recently.

BTW, I think "holly" might be wrong.
Usually use "holy", it means like "God".

We can say many words after "holy" besides "cow".
For instance, "cat", "shit", "crap", "smoke".
My teacher always says "Holy moly smokes!!"

Bye now!

plow7010 said...

Hi まつーらさん,

I'm so excited to have your first comment on my English blog!
Thank you for your changing the ISP. :)

Darn it! What a mess! I spelled wrong! But I could get some interesting phrased you posted instead! Gooooood to know!

Bye for now.

Anonymous said...

Hmm I love the idea behind this website, very unique.
»