Thursday, October 18, 2007

IRON MAIDEN Coming!

Thursday, October eighteenth, two thousand and seven

IRON MAIDEN, my favorite British heavy metal band, is going to come to Japan in February of next year as a part of its 2006 world tour, which is called "SOMEWHERE BACK IN TIME", according to the official web site. However, they are planning to hold some concerts only around Tokyo. Since I lived in Osaka, it's sort of expensive and tough for me to go to Tokyo and see their gig, that's nearly impossible, I guess. (ToT)
The web site says that they are going to play the songs that they released in 1980's. I'm anxious to see the performance but I won't make it unless they modify their decision. The way I see it, the reason they are going to have concerts only around Tokyo would be that they wasn't able to make a good profit last year in Japan. I'm terribly sad to hear the news. (ToT)(ToT)(ToT)(ToT)(ToT)

be anxious to do something: ~することを切望する。
(= eager, keen???)
(cf. be anxious about something: ~のことを心配する。)

6 comments:

UltraNEO said...

IRON MAIDEN are still making new music?

Er.. I'm in England, as far as the music industry is concerned IRON MAIDEN have been inactive for many years. They don't even show their music on MTV.

(^o^)

plow7010 said...

Hey akira,

Don't you know IRON MAIDEN is still active? In fact, they released a new album and held a world tour. Here's my article
The CD ranked in the top 10 of Billboard Album Charts. I guess they will make a new one next year or the year after next.

plow7010 said...

Ah.... they released the CD and held a world tour last year...

UltraNEO said...

OMG!!

I spend too much time with my head in the sand.. You better show me the light when i'm in Osaka!!

Less then seven weeks to go!!!!

Can you wait? I'm still looking for a place to say... A cheap, very cheap mansion - got any ideas?

plow7010 said...

Hey akira,
Why won't you stay at your girlfriend's place? It's free, isn't it? :D
There are many cheap small hotels in Osaka actually. Click here.

UltraNEO said...

i'll email you..


m(__)m