Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Early Bird

Tuesday, October ninth, two thousand and seven

I usually wake up naturally at the crack of dawn, therefore many people say I'm definitely a morning person(early bird). When I was young(Should I say "when I was younger"? :D), I was a night owl(night person) as most young people are. Since I'm already on the wrong side of 40, maybe it can't be helped to awake early morning. Anyway, the time from when I awake until when I leave for work is an important for me to study English actually. However, too much noise made by my kids and the mother of them often gets in my hair, especially her loud screaming toward the kids really drives me bananas. Some of my friends say, my wife is so nice that I must be very happy. In a pig's eye!
Anyhow, they usually get up around 6 am, so I came up with a good idea dealing with the matter, that's is being off to my factory around 6 am with some books, that's to say, I can study English at home from when I get up until 6 am and at my factory from 6 am until when I start working.

"quotes from LONGMAN Dictionary of Contemporary English"
get in somebody's hair (informal): to annoy someone, especially by always being near them
in a pig's eye [American English] (spoken, informal): used to show that you do not believe what someone is saying

11 comments:

UltraNEO said...

You could say "when I was a youngster..." thought it depends how young you meant. Youngster, would be used for a child or a young person.

I'm both a 'night owl' and a 'early bird', maybe that's why they call me a vampire? I can't help it, sometimes i only sleep for 3-4 hours normally it's about 5.

I suppose it'll mean I'll have a fuller life, right? Perhaps, when I'm in Jpn, I can take photos of people going to work? I love photography...

plow7010 said...

Thanks for teaching, akira. Let me use the word when I have the chance.
Let me translate those words into Japanese for you. "朝型人間(asagata ningen" means "early bird" in Japanese. "夜型人間(yolugata ningen)" is "night owl".

Anonymous said...

Hello,
I am korean and i am very interested in learning language(now english and japanese).
I happened on your blog today while finding website that is helpful studying english. Your english is very very good and your blog is also very interesting. I have ever seen japanese drama or show program and then I have thought that i'd like to learn japanses. and I would find a IT job in job.

Anyway, I am really glad to find a great blog and know a good friend who can speak english and japanese very well.

plow7010 said...

Hi!
I'm really glad to get your comment here. My English is so excellent as you say, I think. However, I'd like to keep going on studying it for the rest of my life actually. If you have web sites or something, let me know the URL. See ya!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your reply so much. I am eun-sung. What's your name?What do you want to be called? I am now very poor at english and japanese, especially speaking because i have studied these language alone by the internet or some language books. so I do never have an opportunity to speak english or japanese. I hope you correct my wrong english. That is very helpful for me to improve my english. I wish to continue studying english or other country's languages for the future like you. Unfortunately, I don't have web site yet, just blog which i use writing my diary in korean language.

Have a great weekend!

plow7010 said...

Hi again eun-sung, How should I call you? Just sung?
My real first name is Takashi, so you can call me either Takashi or plow(my nick name on the Net.)
I don't think my English is so well as you say. As far as I see your sentences, you seem to be good at English.
Anyway, I'm really excited to get your comment here. Thanks a lot!

UltraNEO said...

Ah cool...
You've found yourself a new friend.

plow7010 said...

Hey akira,
Yeah, I'm so lucky that I could win a lottery someday. :D

UltraNEO said...

:o Jpn has a lottery?

Wonder what would you do with the winning, if you won?

plow7010 said...

Yup, we have some.
If I won a lottery, I would spend the money for preparation to divorce. なんちゃんて。:p

UltraNEO said...

:o