Saturday, August 06, 2005

The Japanese chess(SYOGI) competition

August 6th, 2005

There was a competition in Osaka, Japan. It's the competition of Japanese chess for kids(elementary school students). And now, Japanese chess is called "SYOGI" in Japanese.

My eldest son is very good at SYOGI. He's exactly stronger than me. Also, he's sometimes stronger than his grandpa. His grandpa(my father) is absolutely stronger than me.

In the competition, he did his best...But, he wasn't able to qualify in the trials. He had to win three games to qualify. He won twice... He almost qualify...
However, I'm glad even though he didn't qualify. I'm happy that he had a great experience.

SYOGI competition
my edlest son in the competition
There was a trouble in the competition. It's a lightning damage by summer thunderstorm... Black out, air conditioner not working... It's too hot... But I had no problem. Because I always work in "THE OVER 40 DEGREES CELSIUS FACTORY". :-p

black out
After the competition, we had great dinner. :D
He and I had a lot of beef. The cooking style is called "YAKINIKU" in Japan. It's similar to barbecue. YAKINIKU isn't Japanese cooking style. It's really Korean cooking style.
We had too much beef.... The cost of dinner is about 20 thousands yen ! (about $200) Is that too much for 1 adult and 1 kid ? We have to go on a diet. ha-ha.

YAKINIKU
beef

No comments: