Saturday, August 20, 2005

Family Vacation at Amanohashidate

August 18th-19th, 2005

I went to Amanohashidate with my family to have a bathe(swim in the sea) and to do sightseeing.

Amanohashidate is in the north of Kyoto prefecture and one of the 3 most scenic spots in Japan.
The vista from the hilltop is actually beautiful and especially it looks like the bridge over the sky when we see it between our thighs.
"Amanohashidate" means "Heavenly Bridge" in Japanese. ( Probably correct..... :D )

Amanohashidate(1)
Amanohashidate(2)
Amanohashidate(3)

line

There is a wonder bridge at Amanohashidate. It's called "Kaisenkyo". "Kaisenkyo" means "Rotatory Bridge" in Japanese. When ships go through the bridge, it's rotated on some electric motors.

Kaisenkyo(1)
Kaisenkyo(2)
Kaisenkyo(3)
Kaisenkyo(4)

line

The beach at Amanohashidate is a little narrow but so beautiful.
But, there was a terrible trouble. I dropped my glasses into the sea. I desperately looked for them. I found out them in the result. I really scared....

beach
my 3rd son and daughter
my wife

line

This picture is the tourist hotel we stayed. What ? You said "What a funny family ! " ? ha-ha. I agree with you. :-)

in front of the tourist hotel(1)
in front of the tourist hotel(2)

line

Also, I almost got a speeding ticket on our return route. When I was driving my car at 140km/h(about 87.5mph), I found out an unmarked police car by the detector, which I installed in my car when I bought the car. :-p

I got near to the police car and slowed down. When I caught up with it, I said with a smile, "Hello !". Of course, they couldn't hear that.
But they replyed with a smile, "We are discovered... ha-ha", I guessed.
Then I said, "Good bye !", and escaped behind the police car.

I was terrified of the situation....


Anyway, we had a good time !! How was your summer vacation ?

5 comments:

Ako said...

Great pictures!
It was beautiful sunny weather. I can see that you had a good time with your family. I'm happy to hear that you found your glasses in the sea.

plow7010 said...

>>ako-san:

Thank you for always visiting and posting comments.

The view was actually beautiful. I hope to keep the beautiful view forever.

I couldn't almost drive my car on the way home. :-P

Stay cool.

Anonymous said...

My mother learned me hoe to enjoy rosegardening, so I made myself a rose garden design site. Recently I started looking for rose garden design related blogs, too! But they're hard to find... maybe someday I'll start writing one as well... :-) Sorry for bothering you - was just curious how it would look if I would post something somewhere... cool!

niltiac said...

These are great pictures! What a beautiful area.

plow7010 said...

>> All the Mr./Ms.Anonymous:

Thanks for your visiting and posting.

I'm really happy to get your comments on my blog.
I've not gotten such a lot of comments yet.
Next time I was wondering if you could write your name.

The URL of the template which I use is http://www.blogger.com/templates/thisaway_blue/sample.html.
And I customized it.


Thanks, again.

>>Ms.niltiac:

Thank you for always visiting and posting comments.
Another of the 3 most scenic spots is "Miyajima" in Hiroshima prefecture. The other is "Matsushima" in Miyagi prefecture. All of them have great view !