Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Bar60 and Sushi

August 29th, 2006

Last Saturday I attended the third anniversary party of a bar in Sakai city where I occasionally go get a drink. There were many nice people in the bar. The master served all kinds of beverages for 3000 yen per man and 2000 yen per woman on the night. As for me, I had a huge amount of beer and syoucyuu(Japanese distilled spirit), so I don't remember clearly what I did and talked with the non-Japanese who I sometimes talk with.
Anyway, I made some sushi in the bar for the party because I used to be a part time sushi chef when I was a university student. Most of the customers were pleased and praised me as a good sushi chef. But I made a little mistake in making it, as I've already lost my touch due to a long absence. When they praised the sushi made by me, I replied to them like this - "Thank you! I'm so glad even if it's flattery. Flattery will get you everywhere! I'll give you anything you want." I know the usual phrase is "Flattery will get you nowhere." But I changed myself the last part(nowhere -> everywhere) to say a kind of joke. :)

By the way, I took some pictures there but I'm not able to post them on my blog space. Many people appear in the photos, so I think the photos are sort of their personal information. That's why I don't post them here. Therefore I uploaded them on my secret web space. If you attended the party, please ask the master or email me to let you know where they are and the password to access the web page.

No comments: