Saturday, July 16, 2005

Why do you study English ?

July 16, 2005

i restarted studying English in April, 2005.
Also, i'd been studying English in my school days(a loooong time ago....ha-ha).

Do you wanna know why i study English ?

OK. Let me introduce why i do.

There are so many problems in Japan. For example, politics things...
i'm really disappointed at Japanese government, especially at diplomacy.
Japanese politicians hava no good idea what to do at diplomacy to China, and North Korea...
i guess Japan will become a terrible country in the future.
Therefore, i'll need to move abroad one day.... :-p
if i could speak English fluently, i'll be able to live in most of the coutries.

Why do you study English or other languages ?

6 comments:

niltiac said...

It seems like you English is very good on this blog. I have learned Spanish, which I have used several times while doing some mission work in Mexico. there are other languages I wish to learn. I would enjoy learning languages because you can learn about other countries' culture and history when you study language.

Ako said...

Hi, Prowler7010-san
I'm Japanese and studying English, too. The reason why I study English is that I'd like to get to know those who live in foreign countries. I know there are a lot of languages in the world, but I have to learn English first.

Studying other languages is a good way of refreshing you, I think.

plow7010 said...

> It seems like you English is very good on this blog.

Really ? Thank you.
i always worried about my poor English skill....

> I have learned Spanish

I've heard that most Amerians learn Spanish.... is it true ?

> you can learn about othercountries' culture and history
> when you study language.

Yes ! You can say that again ! i agree with you.

See you.

plow7010 said...

Nice to meet you ! ako-san.

Thanks you for your first comment on this place.

> Studying other languages is a good way of refreshing you

That's right !
Studying other language is good for my hard brain. :-)

See ya !

niltiac said...

>I've heard that most Amerians learn Spanish.... is it true ?

It is becoming very useful for Americans to know Spanish, because a significant percentage of U.S. residents come from Mexico, Cuba, and other Spanish-speaking nations. I wouldn't say that "most Americans" study Spanish though...most people here don't learn another language because they don't think it is necessary and/or they don't want to spend the time.

plow7010 said...

Hi, niltiac !

> because a significant percentage of U.S. residents come from Mexico, Cuba,
> and other Spanish-speaking nations.

Good to know ! i was able to study about the State.

> I wouldn't say that "most Americans" study Spanish

is that so ? i'm sorry. i might have a bad memory, or someboby had told
me the worng story.

See ya !