Thursday, July 28, 2005

What's Windows Vista ?

July 28, 2005

I found the article when I scanned through some news sites on the Internet.

Microsoft will release a new OS "Windows Vista" anytime soon.

It was called "Longhorn" as the name of the beta version. I don't exactly know what it supports new features.
Also, they have a new TV game machine "Xbox 360". I don't really prefer to any TV games. But the architecture of it is interesting.

By the way.....

In my opinion, they have something else to do....

No more too much decorated OS !!!!!

To include all the features in Windows might be convenient.

But most of the users would lose opportunities for meeting other cool software products, and many of software developers would lose business opportunities, i think.

I actually want a stable and secure OS !!!

I'm afraid that my opinion is wrong...
What do you thing about it ? :-p

P.S.

There is already "Vista" in Japan. It's the name of car made by TOYOTA. :D

4 comments:

niltiac said...

The new Windows OS Vista is supposed to have a better file managment system, an entirely new user interface, and better graphics.

I agree with you! I would prefer a stable and secure OS...maybe Microsoft should be working more on security. That's why I NEVER use internet explorer, and I have Linux on my computer, even though I don't use it all the time (still have to use Windows for most school projects, etc.)

plow7010 said...

Oh, a better file management system ?
Is that improved NTFS ?

I've also heard that the OS will support enhanced RSS. But I'm really worried about the security. To enhance de facto standards often make some security holes, I guess.

You're a Linux software developer, don't you ?
Do you use FireFox or other Web browsers ?
I don't use IE, too. :-p

niltiac said...

Yes, it will be NTFS. I have heard about RSS also and I'm worried that Microsoft will make their version incompatible with existing versions.

I use Firefox...at work, I develop for proprietary software, Cadence, but I do most of my work on Linux servers (however, I have XP on my computer).

plow7010 said...

I agree with you. I'm worried that they make their incompatible RSS, too.

And now, I've heard that the next version IE won't support Windows2000, but many of companies are still using Windows2000. So, the share of Firefox might increase...

Proprietary software ? You develop for important task, don't you ?

See ya !